- St. Thomas Syro Malabar Catholic Church, Detroit is a
congregation of more than 250 families from all over Kerala now settled in Michigan.
- His Beatitude Mar Varkey Cardinal Vithayathil, Major Archbishop of Syro
Malabar Catholic Church, did the Parish’s blessing on July 14, 2007.
- We keep the Holy Relic of St. Alphonsa in our church.
- The community strives to fulfill the spiritual and social needs of the
Kerala Catholic Community by offering regular daily Malayalam Mass, Catechism,
Administration of Sacraments, Retreats and Solemn Celebration of the Church Feast.
Syro Malabar Catholic Community in Detroit are united by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Malayalam Mass is offered on all Sundays at 10 AM. Catechism class for Kids starts at 10 AM every Sunday followed
by English Mass at 11:45 AM . The community meets for social on the first Friday of each month after
the mass at 7 PM. Regular weekday mass is offered at 8AM. Saturday Mass is at 9 AM.
- Since we received the faith from St.Thomas - the Apostle, he is our father
of faith; and he is our heavenly Patron.Hence our Parish is known in his name " St.Thomas
Syro-Malabar Catholic Church". Syro-Malabar christians have always great devotion to
Blessed Mother Mary. In order to honour her and keep up the devotion to her, we celebrate
the Feast of the Nativity of Mary ( September 8 ) as the main feast of our Parish.
- The sports, literary competitions and cultural programs are conducted every
year and is coordinated and directed by the Priest Administrator, elected Parish Council
and other office bearers. The Sunday school offers classes to our kids and the qualified
teachers guide them spiritually and morally to be valuable social beings. The youth group
participates actively in all the church functions and is the future of our church. The
SMCC group meets once in a month to achieve the goals of the organization and help the
- Please use this form to register with us.